Talk it up

8.24.11 One of the great things about CrossFit is that your time here usually doesn’t end when the hour is over. You stick around afterward to talk about the WOD, life, or whatever is on your mind. When did you ever do that at your old “Globo Gym?” I hardly uttered a word during my time there, let alone stick around to talk about the workout. When was the last time you stuck around after work to talk about…..work?

I can see the excitement in you eyes after you do well in a WOD. I can hear the pride in your voice when you tell me you hit the RX weight for the first time in a workout. I love the look on your face after you surprise yourself with a great performance. You were in the bathroom for a nervous pee before the WOD, but after, you hold your head high because you are proud of what you just accomplished. You want to share your feelings with the world sometimes!

Even if I struggle with a workout, I want to talk to the rest of you and find out how you did, how you cut up your sets, and where you killed it. We are so focused on ourselves during a WOD, it’s nice when everything is over and you can find out how others approached things.

Keep the conversation going here on the blog. We want to hear your thoughts about the workout. How’d you do? What did you learn? Sound off!

The guys go Chest to Bar!

Freddy does a great job keeping chest up and perfect bar position in the bottom of his Thruster.

Matt D, Miguel and Michelle all at different thruster postions.

Regal

10 Responses to Talk it up

1. kirk says:

I’m sure everyone can agree, heavy thruster are a B!TCH. But, I really liked that WOD. I think we should have made Monica do it back-to-back!

2. Gina says:

Nice job everyone, miss you and the heavy thrusters!

3. Rob says:

Kirk, you look like you’re doing stomach to bar in that picture.

4. Melissa says:

Rob…new pull up standard???

5. Kirk says:

Belly Button to bar baby!

6. michelle says:

It was BELLY 2 Bar? oooh missed that standard!
    I think that WOD was REALLY interesting…good lesson in “how to make 8 reps feel like ALOT”! My lesson is that I REALLY need to work my thrusters, that transition outta the squat is my weak zone! Had it been front squats & push presses I think I’d have done better lol…flippin oddball. But it’s really good to find a HUGE weak spot! Like the time melis realized I couldn’t do a deadhang :-) Awareness is half the battle! BUT I did do well on my front squats :) woot!

7. Kirk says:

I have a weak front squat but seem to be decent at thrusters. Strange. The transition is huge, and getting that hip drive out of the bottom. And I agree, those 8 reps felt like 80 by the end. But not for Greg, who decided to do more thrusters than he needed to….haha.

8. Greg says:

I only did 1 extra thruster in the first round, i will assume that if i didnt do that extra one my time would have been 3 minutes flat.

9. jodi beardsley says:

Just one band left…..

10. James says:

I love Melissa’s mention of the, “nervous pee” before the WOD. So true lol!